One year later…

Here we are, one year into what was supposed to be a “six-month” project. It actually looks pretty good, although we’re still a ways from being done. We’ve gotten all of the demolition completed, new partitions framed, wiring done and plumbing done. Ceilings are sheetrocked. The basement’s still a mess (drier, but that’s about it). On the inside still need sheetrock, interior trim and flooring, painting, fixtures, kitchen cabinets and replacement windows.

On the outside, there are two porches and their roofs, siding and a deck in the back. Landscaping-wise – ha. We still need to fill/regrade around the house, plant a lawn (the neighborhood cats are using all the sand around the house as their litterbox).

There’s also the “cold storage” shed attached to the back of the house. We can’t demolish it, because underneath is the boiler, water heater and electrical supply. We’re not sure what we’ll be doing here — we’ve considered a screened-in porch, but that will mean finding some way of waterproofing the floor.

Looking into the living room. Plaster is off the walls, ceiling is sheetrocked.

The kitchen. As with the LR, the plaster has been stripped and the ceiling sheetrocked. You can see the boxed cabinets in the foreground.

Under the stairs. Someday I plan to put a staircase into the basement, but for now, this will be storage.

The laundry closet where the stackable washer/dryer will live

Another view of the living room, looking into the corner next to the bathroom.

Looking down the back hall.

Looking into the room that will be Sue's office. This was framed off what was once the kitchen in the tenant side of the building.

Another view of the laundry closet. The room on the other side is the kitchen.

The view from inside Sue's office.

Outside the downstairs bathroom.

The "cold storage" shed at the back of the house. Still filled with junk, although this space had proved useful as a workshop -- if a chilly one.

The "cat pee" room with plaster removed from the walls. We weren't done yet with this room.

Another angle on the cat pee room.

The closet in the master bedroom. Sheetrocked and mudded.

The other small bedroom that would eventually become Sue's sewing room. You can see the replacement windows ready for install.

Outside, we were starting yet another pile of debris. You can also see the bricks from the chimney demo against the house.

The front. We've done nothing here, except that you can see where we blocked up the basement windows.

One of the toilets we removed... no this wasn't going to be permanent. In the back you can the outside of the "cold storage" room.

The basement with the remains of one of the chimneys. Still a mess down here.

More basement. You can see some of the joists we strengthened overhead.

Here you can see several of the support posts we put in to correct sagging floors above.

This entry was posted in Wentworth Street. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *